It’s TIME to pack my hospital bag! I’m 38 weeks pregnant, and even though my OB says my cervix is closed for business and no where near letting this bambino wiggle it’s way outta my belly…it’s time to at least acknowledge that it’s happening and maybe start getting ready for the new little human we are about to meet.
I will be honest, with baby number 2 we have been less than proactive in all things baby. Mostly because it’s very difficult to get anything done with a busy preschooler running around the house. But we at least have the crib put together, some clothes washed and now…my hospital bag packed and ready to go!
With Avery I packed everything under the sun, and this time I really streamlined my approach and only brought what I will actually need and use.
Here’s my basic packing list (Check out the video for what exactly I put in and why!)
- Insurance Card
- Cell phone charger
- Birth “preferences”
- Pretty Pushers Hospital “gown”
- Pair of old flip flops (also great for using in shower and walking around post-partum)
- Basic toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, face & body wash, lotion, deodorant, Evian spray, dry shampoo
- Everyday Makeup: foundation, blush, lip gloss, eyeshadow, brow pencil, mascara, under eye concealer
- Curling Iron and extra hair bands (cause a little curl makes me feel pretty!)
- Nightgown that is nursing friendly
- Comfy pants
- 3 Nursing tanks
- Bamboobies Nursing Cover
- 2 Nursing bras
- 2 pairs of disposable cotton panties
- 3 pairs of granny panties
- Tummy Aid belly binder
- 2 pairs of Bamboobies reusable nursing pads
- Nipple balm
- Comfy yet cute going home outfit (sized to fit at 5-6 months pregnant)
- cute swaddle blankets for photos (not necessary, but nice to have)
- Going home outfit (gown/hat/blanket/socks)
- car seat
What are your hospital must haves?! What do you think you will really need? Let us know!
This is a sponsored post with affiliate links. I received compensation for this blog post. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.