In looking for “school” themed books, I realized (as usual) there are some that create fears and insecurities that didn’t exist before reading about them. Some that ‘teach’ bad behavior like bullying and name calling. And some that are positive and perfect for a little one with no preconceived idea of what school is or isn’t. Here are our top picks – The Kissing Hand and Llama Llama being our DEFINITE favorites.
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Maisy Goes to Preschool by Lucy Cousins
- Monsters Love School by Mike Austin
- Take a Kiss to School by Angela McAllister
- Tucker’s Four Carrot Day by Susan Winget
What are your favorite back to school themed books for preschoolers?!